Since its establishment, CEI has been actively working in northern Bangladesh, in a remote part which regularly experiences seasonal famine, widely knows as the ‘Monga’, often causing days of starvation of the vulnerable people.
CEI aims to work for the benefit of the poor and the underprivileged, providing opportunities for educational advancement, support for health education and facility, and relief of poverty though direct help and employment generation, and in furtherance thereof:
- To implement appropriate selected education programmes and projects;
- To promote greater awareness of the importance of education;
- To assist in skill development through education and training;
- To promote hygiene and sanitation, and provide medical help and support health education; and
- To help in promoting adult literacy and poverty alleviation.